Baroness Michelle Mone is a serial entrepreneur and was honoured with an Order of the British Empire in 2010 for her contribution to business and regularly listed as one of the United Kingdom’s leading entrepreneurs.
Over the years, Mone was behind the innovation of 15 patented inventions and brands including a range of tanning products in the beauty industry. Having gone through the school of hard knocks and a journey of ups and downs, Mone launched her book in 2015, My Fight to the Top.
The Leaderonomics Show host Roshan Thiran caught up with the Baroness to learn more about her rags-to-riches story and her work as a serial entrepreneur.
Check this out: Failure Is A Stepping Stone To Success
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- What doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger. Find that inner strength to pick yourself up again to face your battles.
- Women need to help and support each other in success and in failure.
- Always look out for opportunities, and seize them.
- Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions. Know yourself well, be prepared to face your critics but stay true to your purpose.
- Get mentors and coaches to help you along the way
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help, and network unceasingly.
- Learning is key. Learn from the experts and ask them many questions.
This might interest you: Questions Change The World!