Randi Zuckerberg, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Zuckerberg Media and a former Facebook leader in the early years of digital marketing, wears many professional hats and the impressive list includes an entrepreneur, investor, public speaker, and media personality.
The eldest among the Zuckerberg siblings, Randi is passionate about the intersection of technology and our modern lives, especially topics related to women, mothers and parenting.
The Leaderonomics Show host and Leaderonomics CEO Roshan Thiran caught up with Randi recently during the National Achievers Congress 2017 by Success Resources to learn more about her leadership and entrepreneurial journey thus far.
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- Take the chance to venture out to own your own idea and your business through entrepreneurship, especially when you’re introducing something that doesn’t exist before.
- In entrepreneurship, accept the fact that failure is a given. Fail for yourself and learn from those experiences than to spend your whole lifetime creating value for others.
- Instead of being well balanced, be well lopsided instead. In fact, give yourself permission to not feel like you need to do everything under the sun, every single day. Instead, focus and prioritise what you can do each day, and do it well.
- Never give up on your dreams. Someday, it might come back to you in the most unexpected ways.
- Young graduates, do get some tech skills and don’t stop learning.
Related post: Draw The Internet Line, Parents!