Adapted from Chris Roebuck’s Mach 2 questionnaire
After taking the Mach 2 questionnaire, here are some hard questions to ponder and ask yourself, before taking action on some of your leadership competencies that need improvement.
- Do you constantly observe that your team members are going in different directions?
- Are your members always wondering what Plan B and C is?
- Are you always pointing fingers when something goes wrong, instead of troubleshooting and thinking of ways to prevent it?
- What kind of vibe do you bring to your team, i.e. are you motivating your people or are you micromanaging them?
- Are you the first person to know what has happened to your team members, or are you usually the last to know?
- Do I know what motivates my team members in their work?
- Do I let my emotions run high, or do I usually respond calmly (but firm)?
- Do my team members trust me enough to open up honestly with me?
- Are you communicating your expectations of the business clearly to your team?
- Am I actively seeking out signs of high potentials in my team to develop them further?
Related article: Are You The Best Boss?
Published in English daily The Star, Malaysia, 31 January 2015