Photo: Breakfast with CEO at Groupon Malaysia, with country GM Rafiq Razali
TalentCorp has designed a series of Semester Break Programmes to give Malaysian students – both local and abroad – an inside look at key sectors. These are run in conjunction with long semester breaks, and include:
- Industry Inside: takes students to visit and interact with industry players for basic level exposure to sectors including oil, gas and energy, biotechnology, and fast-moving consumer goods.
- Industry Bootcamp: an accelerated and more intensive version of “Industry Inside”, bootcamps incorporate tasks and challenges to give participants more hands-on experience in industries including financial services and electrical and electronics.
- Breakfast with CEO: targets those interested in getting insights from corporate and social leaders.
Collaborations and incubation of student-led projects
Programmes conceived and developed by students with support from TalentCorp, from a coaching perspective and sponsorship:
- Malaysian Public Policy Competition, Aug 22–24: A programme by the International Council of Malaysian Scholars and Associates, this annual competition seeks to get students involved in understanding policy issues and contributing ideas towards improving Malaysia.
- Medicine in Malaysia Conference, Aug 16–17: An inaugural conference by Malaysian Medics International established to encourage more medical students abroad to build linkages to Malaysia and understand the needs and future of Malaysia’s healthcare industry.
- Economic and Leadership Forum, Aug 9: A programme by Malaysian students at the London School of Economics that aims to provide some exposure to key economic issues to Malaysian students aged 16–20 years.