Life takes you to different places where you meet people from different cultures and backgrounds. Along the way, try to make peace with everyone you meet, even though people may be hostile to you in the beginning, as Alliance Bank Bhd chief executive officer Joel Kornreich shares on his experience in Korea.
Some other key takeaways from Kornreich:
- Success is measured by your own standards. What is ‘success’ to one person may not be ‘success’ to another.
- Give yourself a chance to try something new in a different industry. You may end up loving the industry after all.
- Take calculated risks. Invent and carve out your own career path.
- Understand the other party’s perspective and try to empathise with their challenges.
- Do your homework. Your opinion doesn’t really matter to others. What matters most is what others think about that very thing you’re trying to do.