At the recent M.A.D (Making A Difference) Youth Leadership Summit 2017 organised by Leaderonomics together with HELP International School and HELP University, we got Ho Ming Han (also known as Ming) from The Ming Thing into the hot seat to be grilled by Leaderonomics chief executive officer Roshan Thiran.
In the words of Ming, here are some key takeaways from the live interview in front of 500 youths from across Malaysia:
- “Things happen when you’re complaining and doing something about it.” This is in reference to how his first few videos started getting traction on social media, i.e. by complaining about a car park, women’s caked-up make-up, etc.
- “Negotiate with your parents that you’ll finish your studies first, before getting their permission to give you at least a year for you to do what you think may work. Essentially, tell them you’ll be responsible and not depend on their money for that period of trial and error.”
- “Being at your age, now is the time for you to make mistakes. Try things and you’ll find out soon if they are really your passion.” Applicable for young people who are considering their career options, and want to play safe by following the conventional career path.
- “Don’t [be] scared, just do it!” This is in reference to how Ming dared to create a job that didn’t quite exist back then in 2012-2013.
- “People make leadership like a very scary thing. What really matters is to change things if you’re not happy about them. And, do something! That’s leadership.”
Did you know that Ming used to work for Leaderonomics? Check out this video where he stole Roshan’s pizza. Enjoy!
To watch the rest of Season 2 of Be A Leader videos, click here.
Oh wait, there’s more! Missed Season 1 of Be A Leader videos? Check it out here.
Related post: Industry Leaders, Influencing The Next Generation