If it is difficult for a person to change even when it relates to his or her life and death situation, then why would he or she want to change for the sake of his or her organisation? Roshan Thiran, CEO of Leaderonomics discusses driving change and turnaround via culture.
Based on a research done, it is found that 70% of all change projects failed. The remaining 30% that succeeded almost had the same game plan as the 70% that failed. The difference lies within the people who had an ownership to drive the change.
The magic formula for driving change is one must enable the changes to become part of culture. That being said, rather than focusing on the programme to drive the change, one should emphasise on the cultural element of change. Aside from that, there must be a person to drive the change (leadership engagement). Then, one must have the systems or structures to enable the new culture to thrive.
To change through culture, one must find himself or herself a leader. Another part of change is through the ownership pieces or the engagement pieces. This podcast also explores how an organisation became profitable through empowerment.
How GE created change through culture
If you would like to speak to our fellow Corporate Services team on how we can help your organisation, email us at email@example.com. To know more about what Leaderonomics do as a social enterprise, check out www.leaderonomics.org. For our other Raise Your Game podcasts, click here.
Roshan is the founder and CEO of the Leaderonomics Group. He believes that everyone can be a leader and make a dent in the universe, in their own special ways. Connect with Roshan on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter for more insights into business, personal development and leadership. You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.