Dzameer Dzulkifli, co-founder and managing director of Teach For Malaysia (TFM), had the privilege of studying at different types of schools to know how it was like being a student at public, private and international schools respectively. Today, he is a man on the mission to empower Malaysia through education.
The Leaderonomics Show host and head of Leaderonomics Youth Audrey Tong caught up with Dzameer to learn more about his personal educational journey, his stories of hope and his not-for-profit organisation.
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- Expose yourself to many possibilities and explore your identity/potential first before narrowing it down to what you want to do in life.
- Have a growth mindset to continuously learn new things, instead of being stuck in a fixed mindset.
- Take initiative to learn something you can use today, not ‘one day’.
- Don’t worry too much about the decisions you’d made before. Instead, follow your passion and all the universe will somehow conspire in helping you achieve it.
- Don’t worry too much either about what other people are saying about you. Don’t get written off by others.
- Work around a value creation system by always asking yourself this question: “What specific problems do I want to solve?”
This might interest you: Sharpen Your Axe: Daily Personal Growth Critical For Leadership Success