International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
The day is marked around the world with art performances, talks, rallies, networking events, conferences and marches. Even though we see many women rising up to stand for their rights, there are still many women in different parts of the world where they are treated as second-class citizens or denied the opportunities for career or education because of their gender.
Here, we bring you seven of our timeless posts on women and women in leadership, to be shared this lovely day:
1. Women In Leadership Positions: Where Is Malaysia At? by Johan Merican and Shareen Ghani
2. Are Women Less Credible As Leaders? by Victor S.L. Tan
3. The Challenge of Women’s Access To Mentorship by Louisa Devadason
4. Break Free From The Tyranny Of Makeup – And Other Myths Which May Be Holding Us Back by Roshan Thiran
5. Virtually Perfect For Women? by Millie Ong
6. Women And Careers: Tapping On Good Emotions (video)
7. Women And Careers: Dressing Sexy At Work (video)