Remembering Robin Williams
By HYMA PILLAY
Our hearts are deeply saddened by the recent passing of actor Robin Williams. He was an amazing actor, an excellent entertainer, and a wonderful individual. He was one of my favourite actors. I grew up laughing with him.
Williams has brought so many wonderful memories and moments through movies like Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Flubber, Peter Pan, Dead Poets Society and many, many more! He definitely added sunshine to my childhood.
As a special tribute to the man who made us laugh, here are 10 quotes from him and his movies.
- “You’re only given one little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
- “There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.”
- “When you have a great audience, you can just keep going and finding new things.”
- “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – from the movie Dead Poets Society
- “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – from the movie Good Will Hunting
- “What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.”
- “You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I’ll guarantee you’ll win.” – from the movie Patch Adams
- “Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary!” – from the movie Dead Poets Society
- “Real loss is possible only when you love something more than you love yourself.” – from the movie Good Will Hunting
- “There’s a time for daring, and there’s a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.” – from the movie Dead Poets Society
Our thoughts and prayers are with all who have left us sooner than they should have, young and old, before the world had a chance to fully embrace the gift of their lives.