Muru Annamalai, AbbVie head of commercial, international (LA, EEMEA, JAPAC), reminisces his childhood and credited his mother for the priceless life experiences he went through as a child, i.e. lifetime experiences that cannot be taught from our education system.
This might interest you: The Power Of Storytelling To Connect Authentically With Your Customers
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- To achieve significance and sustainable success, be honest and ask ourselves, “What’s my end game?”
- Marketing is the art of creating a dream and making it come alive.
- Know your secure bases. Go explore and have little adventures in your career, but ensure you have a back-up plan and something you can fall back on.
- Leadership is all about creating energy and moving people by emotions.
- We have many inspiring people who have contributed in many big ways, but their stories remained untold. We need to learn from our Western counterparts to be better storytellers.