The human resources (HR) management team takes the lead to strategically manage people as business resources.
Alain Souny, vice president of Human Resources & Communications for Technip Asia-Pacific, shares his journey and his experience in HR even though he started off his career in the information technology industry.
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- To be a good HR practitioner, learn to question, analyse, and more importantly, listen!
- Get involved in the team to experience first-hand the nature of the business and the challenges people face at work.
- Share your aspiration with others so people can help you get there.
- Start investing in data analytics as it’s the way forward to explain things based on numbers, so we can resolve them with the hows.
- Be honest when giving feedback to your people.
Recommended reading: Technip Asia Pacific: Digging Deep For Resilience