Mark Sanborn is president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., an idea studio dedicated to developing leaders in business and in life. Mark is an international bestselling author, including the bestseller The Fred Factor: How Passion In Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary Into the Extraordinary which has sold more than 1.6 million copies internationally.
Sanborn is also a noted expert on leadership, team building, customer service and change management. The Leaderonomics Show host and Leaderonomics CEO Roshan Thiran caught up with Sanborn recently during the National Achievers Congress 2017 by Success Resources to learn more about his personal leadership journey thus far.
This might interest you: Living And Breathing Excellence, Personally and Professionally
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- We emulate to learn from thought leaders but we innovate to earn our credibility.
- Be a practitioner. Don’t talk about something you have not done.
- Writing traps the mind into doing its own thinking.
- Be proud of your achievements, but not satisfied (“positive discontent”). Always aim to be better than before.
- Narrow your focus. Don’t confuse ‘activities’ with ‘accomplishments’. Schedule your most valuable and profitable activities that produce the best results.
And the four principles of the Fred Factor are:
- Everybody makes a difference, so live with a clear purpose.
- Build on relationships; it does wonders.
- Add value by replacing money with imagination.
- Reinvent yourself.
Related post: Leadership Reinvention