In the past few years, José Mourinho has built three high performance teams. He and each of the teams manage to gel, start to perform and win trophies. The question is, how does he do it?
According to George Kohlrieser in his book Hostage at the Table, there are eight key pillars to high performance leadership:
- Leading from the mind’s eye – the power of focus;
- Cycle of bonding – motivation, inspiration, resilience;
- Leader as secure base – creating trust to drive change;
- Conflict resolution – resolving differences;
- Power of dialogue – building bridges with common understandings;
- High impact negotiation – influencing and persuading;
- Leveraging strengths – team self-awareness; and
- Managing emotions – creating high energy.
Click play to listen to the podcast:
To read its corresponding article, click here.
If you would like to speak to our fellow Corporate Services team on how we can help your organisation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To know more about what Leaderonomics do as a social enterprise, check out www.leaderonomics.org. For our other Raise Your Game podcasts, click here.
Roshan is the founder and CEO of the Leaderonomics Group. He believes that everyone can be a leader and make a dent in the universe, in their own special ways. Connect with Roshan on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter for more insights into business, personal development and leadership. You can also email him at email@example.com.